Okay I know this time of year my entire dash goes nuts with Hocus Pocus and Nightmare Before Christmas and whatever else but am I the only one who spent their childhood being delightfully pants-shittingly terrified of THE WITCHES?
- Anjelica Huston is the grand high witch and she is fuckin scary as hell
- It’s based on a book by Roald Dahl man that guy wrote some really fucked up amazing shit I fuckin love him
- The effects are by Jim Henson’s Creature Shop
- It’s about an actual witches convention like they’re having a gathering in a hotel ballroom
- People get turned into mice and sure it looks kinda cheesy now but when I was a kid it was SO SCARY like even more scary than the 80s-style hairdos all these extras are wearing
- Then the hero kid has to save the day while he’s a fucking mouse, it’s like Ratatouille but with like 90% more attempted murder
The Witches. Anjelica Huston. It’s so weird, you should definitely watch it.
Own it!! Oh yeah!!!